Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Another year down and I have pink sheets

So, another year passes, and I'm 27. A year ago today we found out I was pregnant. Wow, how a year can totally change your life in every possible way. Some people take time on birthdays for inner reflection on the person they have become or the person they want to be. All I can think is that I have no idea who I am because I bought pink sheets for my bed the other day. For those who know me, you know that this seems completely outside of the possible realm for Leslie, but let me explain.

My husband can't seem to sleep on sheets without pulling them off of the matress. It doesn't help that we have a super thick faux Temperpedic matress topper that makes it difficult to keep the fitted sheet on the bed. Anyway, we go to Linens-N-Things with our 20% off coupon. Good news - we found super deep fitted sheets with a ridiculously high thread count. Bad news - the pink color is on sale, but the other normal colors are not. I could not bring myself to pay as much as they wanted for the other colors, so we have pink sheets. Nicole, quit doing your happy dance right now. I don't expect this to be a trend.

So, I'm thinking about all the changes that have come about this year and how happy I am with my family and my super soft sheets, even if they are pink.

6 comments:

Claudia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LESLIE!!! I hope this coming year is as wonderful and exciting as this past year has been for you! :)

Unknown said...

I'm speechless.... I never imagined PINK SHEETS - even if it was the sale price!! T also pulls the covers off the bed. I now use little bungee type cords on the corners of the sheets that keep them from pulling up on the corners. The 15 extra minutes making the bed is nothign compared to not having the fitted sheet wrap around your head!!

Unknown said...

oh yeah.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Unknown said...

...the pink sheets totally threw me....

Leslie said...

I looked into the bungee things, but I don't think they're any match for the Falcone the Thrasher.

They had a green color on sale too, but it would have totally clashed with the greenish color in the curtains, so I thought pink was better than the clashing greens:)

Unknown said...

PINK IS ALWAYS BETTER! and the bungee things work better than you think they would.