Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Milestones...

Last night Navarre woke up twice in the night. The first was at 1:20 am. She was sporadically fussing, so I ignored it. Jamie didn't budge. She settled, then at 1:41 am again more crying. I went in there and she was wide awake. I just started to comfort her and rub her back, which normally induces sleep in about 0.2 seconds, but she was wide awake. I asked her, "Navarre, are you ok?" She replied, "Yes, I am." I thought how nice that I have a 2 1/2 year old that is secure enough to say that she is ok. Then I'm wondering why the hell I'm in there if she's ok. And I don't know why, but it dawned on me she may have to use the potty. She's never woken up to use the potty in the night before. She usually has about 3 morning a week when she is dry waking up. She wears a Pull-Up to bed, so we're not changing sheets all the time. Anyway, I asked if she needed to potty, and she says, "Yes, and stickers." I hold in my laughter and say, "No, we're not doing that, but let's go to the potty." She sat there and peed in the dark right away. I gave her a big hug and told her how proud I was of her and that she did an excellent job. We go back to her bed, and she couldn't pull those covers over her head fast enough. I didn't hear a peep out of her for the rest of the night.

No comments: