Tuesday, May 18, 2010

20 days

I cannot believe the baby will be here in 20 days from today. That seems unreal to me. I look around and see all the things that should get done before he comes, but that probably won't. Then I try to tell my preggo brain to put them on the list for family to help us with this summer when they come. But unless I actually write it down, it will likely be forgotten. I look at Navarre and wonder what she is going to think in 3 weeks. I have seen her be more and more unselfish with her friends lately, hoping this is a precursor to her demeanor with her baby brother. I can really see a nurturing, protective side to her that I think will really come out when the baby comes.
As for me, I'm tired, sick and ready to have the baby. It's been a harder pregnancy than with Navarre - 4.5 months of severe "morning" sickness, month long illness in February, hospitalization in April, car wreck, another crappy sickness, Mee Maw passing, and I'm done. 20 more days...
Here are some pics to tide yall over until I have another child that I can promise pictures of and not post enough of :)

Planting trees with Daddy.

Notice the "pirate" pants with the Cinderella dress.

Navarre instructed me to say, "aaahhh, it's a scary ghost."
I'm just not seeing scary in
this nice smile:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hang in there momma. Less than 3 weeks. Wow.

Unknown said...

I swore I'd never get those final weeks and how miserable I was... but it will be over before you know it.