Friday, September 18, 2009

What did you do today?

I drove Navarre to Lisa's. Jamie went to work. I stopped at Tim's and got a coffee because we have forgotten to buy more at the store for the past 2 days. I rapelled down a 23-story building. Yes, that's right - I, Leslie Falcone, rapelled down a 300 foot building today onone of the most gorgeous September days we've had in a while.

Here is 1801 Hollis. It's your typical mirrored glass window office building in a downtown. I actually smiled and waved at a guy sitting at his computer on my way down. I think he was saying, "Wow, she's nuts." I was saying that and "where the hell is the ground?"

When I was on the roof waiting my turn - side note: there was absolutely no traffice this morning. so, after my coffee from Tim's I went to the building and I was just killing time talking to all of the RAT International folks who ran the show - I took these while waiting (and avoiding the inevitable).

I actually stopped my rapell, took my hands off of my equipment and snapped this shot over my shoulder.


I did it. I can't believe I did it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I CAN believe you did it. You looked like you were having so much fun. You inspire us all, Leslie.

Unknown said...

I think it's one of the coolest things ever!!

Unknown said...

Féliciations !!!!!
that's awesome :-)