Tuesday, January 6, 2009

4 boards and 5 Ponchatoulas

I'm about to post all out of order, but given the way December went for us, it seems fitting to do so.

Early in December, Jamie, my sister-in-law Shaina, her fiance Ben and I went to White Point "Resort" for a weekend sans baby. While White Point is nice, I use term resort loosely. Jamie and I sat through the time share presentation for 1 1/2 hours and got a weekend away with Shaina and Ben for dirt cheap. I would love to post a picture of Shaina in her winter boots and swimsuit in the women's bathroom, however, she might kill me if I do that.

Before the Eastern European couple was all over each other and ruined the atmosphere for the rest of us, Ben and I had a duel of who could "stand" on more kick boards for longer. During this feat of balance and super stealth surfing skill, I thought it reasonable to ask if Canadian kids growing up learned to count by saying, "1 Mississauga, 2 Mississauga, 3 Mississauga..." instead of "1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, 3 Mississippi." While I never really got an answer to my question, I decided we should count how long we could stand on each board by counting Ponchatoulas. It seemed, and still seems, perfectly reasonable to me. I may defer to Claire on this one...what do you think, Claire?

Speaking of Claire, I'm leaping forward to New Year's Eve when we found out our credit card number had been hijacked and the culprit(s) ran up thousands of dollars worth of goods in Toronto and Mississauga. I tried to tell them that if it was a bald guy buying electronics or golf gear or a short lady with a cute purse and shoes trying to buy more cute purses and shoes and liquor, then I could help the authorities find them. I'm not kidding when I say after thousands of dollars in purchases at Best Buy and other stores, it was a shoe store that did them in......I'm pretty sure the culprits ran off to Louisiana and racked up tons of charges down there too.....

As always, most but not all readers check the blog to see pictures of bbg. So, here you go. Enjoy. More to come throughout the week.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So did the credit card thing really happen?

Leslie said...

yes, it really happened. it was the shoe store that did them in.

Anonymous said...

Hey, did one of baby's fishing worms slide down Grandma's girdle in that photo?