Monday, January 21, 2008

The Pack lost, and baby girl is growing up

So much to catch everyone up on...Navarre's newest things, holidays, trip to Louisiana, Packers incredible season that ended too soon, car shopping, waterbabies, tae kwon do, etc.

So, we spent the holidays in Halifax and Mom came up on Christmas Day. She stayed a week, and we had a good time. We didn't really do much, but that was what was nice about it. My immediate family has been here enough that we don't have to do the touristy, sightseeing things anymore, which make the visits more fun in my opinion - not that that stuff isn't fun...it is for people who haven't been here before, but just like spending time with them.

This New Year's Eve was the first year I haven't made it up to midnight since I was a kid. It was pathetic; Mom bought champagne; we were ready to ring in the New Year, and Jamie and I fell asleep on the couch before midnight...way before midnight. So, we went to bed. I guess that's a hazard with having sleep deprived parents and a 5-months old.

Then, Navarre and I flew to Baton Rouge on the 2nd. I was nervous about how she would do on the flights, but she flew better than a lot of adults I know!! A little crying but not much at all. She was pretty curious in the Chicago airport. Everyone LOVED her...even TSA was helpful. I love having a beautiful baby, but if I heard, "What a beautiful baby, and what lovely eyebrows," one more time, I might have screamed. I would never think to comment on a baby's eyebrows...whatever, I have a beautiful baby:)

Louisiana was fantastic. It was so nice being home and being able to show her off to everyone. She was the center of attention the entire trip home. We had lots of good food (I don't know why the entire country doesn't ship crawfish and eat them) and passed a good ime...crawfish, king cakes, jambalaya, stew.....mmm, mmm, mmm. So, I guess this is why the baby weight loss has been going in reverse lately.

I'm starting to get sad...football season is almost over and my Packers aren't in the SuperBowl. The Giants played a good game, and I hate to say it, but they handled the frozen tundra better than Green Bay did. With the Giants winning from a Brett Favre interception, at least it was a former LSU player who got it.

The biggest news since we've been home is that Navarre is LOVING her solid food!! We started her on rice cereal, and she can't get enough!


The first feeding couldn't have gone any better. No picky eaters here so far, and she doesn't seem to mind if we look at her from across the table.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, it's good to know you can look at her without her freaking out like HER MAMA!