Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A-yeeeeeee

We've done it...we've finally replaced Jamie's 1998 Hyundai Accent. I know some of you thought this day would never come. I think Jamie had his doubts too. However, we have prevailed and bought a new car. And the winner is....the 2008 Kia Sportage. I know what some of you are thinking...doesn't Kia make tinker toys?? The answer is no - they make cars. They have gotten very good at making cars. It helps that Kia is owned by Hyundai.

When Kia first came out in the States, I thought Kias were lawnmowers with roofs and big tires. They've come a long way, and after much research and financing, we are extremely excited about our Sportage. It's got a kick ass warranty and standard features that are options on most other SUVs. It helps that we got a trailer hitch, cargo box and roof rail crossbars thrown in for free.

Once I got over the fact that we were actually buying a Kia, my only other stipulation in buying it was that Jamie - and the rest of his family - couldn't yell "Ayeeeee" every time we got into the car just like the crazy Cajun man does on the commercial. If you don't have this commercial in the good 'ole U S of A, then consider yourself blessed.

It's January, and this is our first step to preparing (both physically and mentally) for our big road trip this summer. I'm thinking of a name for our trip..that will be posted at a later date. I'm so frickin excited I can hardly contain myself. Maybe I won't be after a day in the car with an almost 1-year old, but I'm optimistic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You could name the trip "The Falcones' Trek Across North America"