Thursday, April 24, 2008

Rufus

I'm sorry to say that Rufus, Nicole's dog, passed away last night in his sleep. He had gotten very sick the past few days. Nicole isn't sure of his age, but the vet over the years has guessed around 15 years old. Nicole gave him a great life in Louisiana and Oklahoma. I'm sure Copper is sad that her Old Man isn't there anymore, but I think they will remember Rufus as the loving, if not very smart, Old Man of the house.

I will remember him as the dog who followed Copper when she broke free from her leash while I was house/dog sitting one weekend, while my sanity crept further away from me. Those big, floppy ears running down the street while "Born Free" played in the background. Panic ensued, and we got them back:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll never forget the exercise I used to get at home when Copper and Rufus would come over. For the first fifteen minutes I would run around the foyer, den and kitchen, so I could wear them down and they would settle in. Oh, then the mopping that would ensue from the endless drool (or slobber, as your dad would say) of Rufus! And I'll say once more, RUFUS ISN'T DUMB!

Anonymous said...

15 years is a good long run for a pooch.

Peace out Rufus.