Sunday, April 20, 2008

Turntables and tubas

On Friday we saw Buck 65 with Symphony Nova Scotia as the end of the Maritime Pop Series for this season. The whole show was so amazing. I'm at a loss for words for how to describe this show. Buck is an amazing poet, mostly a poet in my opinion, with a skill for scratchin records. During one of his breathless lyrical flows, I noticed that not only does he write amazing lyrics and fill the space between with dope beats he also uses his voice like its a turntable itself. Buck uses his voice as if it's another turntable where he can express what each song is for him.

Awesome show. When he comes back to Halifax, I'll be there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed.

Saw him perform at a small outdoor festival held on the east shore or P.E.I. in 2005.

I was all messed up at the time but Buck 65 made sense of it all.