Monday, March 3, 2008

For the love of...spring

About this time of year, each year, I get fed up with winter. I get it; it snows; it's cold; blah blah blah. Usually these feelings start in February for me, although I hold the comments to myself. Then in March, I let them out. I'm brushing the snow off my car yesterday for about the 1000th time this winter, and Jamie needed to duck or the cuss words would have hit him and caused a black eye or concussion.

In order to tame by bitter feelings toward old man Winter, I took these pictures of the flowers in our house. We have 2 Christmas cactus plants. One blooms about every quarter. The other hasn't bloomed in about 3 years, but low and behold we had beautiful white and pink blooms. The African Violets were Opa's. We've managed to not only keep them alive but flourishing since he passed away about 3 years ago. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm starting to feel your pain as I drive to work today with people being stupid because it was snowing!