Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Finally finished!!

I've finally finished the Halloween costume for the baby. It took me longer than I thought. Let's just say I made a "rough copy" first and that buttonholes aren't my favorite thing in the world. Jamie teaches his kids that they have to do a rough copy of their essays first, then a good copy. I took that same route with the costume...not by choice, but once I realized her neck wouldn't fit in the teeny, tiny neck hole that was on the first try, I made a second one. Luckily, not much fabric is needed for a body that size:) It's a bit late to get the little one dressed in her costume now, so I'll have to post pictures tomorrow. I've been slacking on the photos the past 5 days or so...I'll try to do better. I will also post pics of Navarre in her new outfits from her Auntie in Oklahoma. She's very excited about them.

I'm working on the accessories for Jamie and I now. We won't be in costume, but will have head gear to put us in the Halloween mood. You know you're on mat leave when you watch Martha Stewart's show, actually go her website and print off patterns, make holiday crafts, and get excited about them.

I am a bit disappointed that I haven't pulled out any of my Halloween decor as of yet. There's still time though. I think I need more Halloween decor. This is one holiday that I'm seriously lacking in the decorations. I'll be looking for things in November on sale:)

I have great news...my friend Shelly is pregnant!!! She's due on May 7th (my cousin's birthday). I'm very excited to have one of my best friends having a baby around the same age as Navarre. Hopefully they'll be as good as friends as Shelly and I are. Shelly's baby will have a cousin the same age since Jenny, Shelly's sister, is pregnant too! I'm very excited for them to be pregnant together at the same time. Watch out Manzer family...two preggos at the same time! I think everyone as baby fever right now. It seems like everyone I know is either pregnant or trying to get pregnant. Evie is still a hold out, but she may come around sooner than later!!

Onto a different topic...LSU is number 3 in the BCS poll. With Ohio State #1 and Boston College #2, I think we have a chance to be at #2 next week. BC has to play Virginia Tech in Virgina, and I think that's going to be difficult for them. On the other hand, we have to play Bama. I really don't like Nick Saban, but he is a good coach. If we play like we have the past few weeks...big holes in the defense, dropped passes, etc....we'll get our asses handed to us on Saturday. But if we play like we did in first games of the season, then we should be Bama. Man I want to beat Saban. Even if it wasn't Saban, who wants to lose to Bama...not me and any other self-respecting Tiger fan. We have other plans for Saturday evening, so it looks like I will have to tape the game and watch it on Sunday. I'm not very happy about this, but this is what happens when your spouse's family are not football fans. We'll have a good time on Saturday, and I'll watch it on Sunday, so I'm ok with that.

So, enough blog for now. I'm taking lil' punta to get weighed tomorrow, so there will be pics of the costume and a new weight tomorrow...stay tuned.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have an open date this weekend. We don't play Bama until Nov. 3rd. It will be on CBS at 6pm your time. Silly Leslie! :)