Wednesday, October 10, 2007

First blog ever!

Ok, so here is my very first blog. I've been inspired by my sister's blog, and my friend, Steve, who seems to be a regular on the blog scene. I'm going to try to post as often as possible, but with the new baby, I'm not sure how often that will be.

I've got a 2 month old baby, Navarre, so I'm at home for the next 10 months. Yes, we get 12 months maternity leave in Canada. If I ever thought about moving back to the States, it would definitely be after I had all my children...not that we're planning on having a whole load of them or anything like that.

I've got to check out other mom blogs. Steve's given me a couple to check out because I'm getting tired of everyone acting like I'm not my own person anymore just because I have a baby. I'd like to talk about the things I talked about before the baby...does it have to be all baby all day every day with everyone??? Ok, it's not everyone, but sometimes it feels like that.

I'm horrible about sending pictures and emailing sometimes, so I'm hoping the blog helps me stay connected with friends and family. I'll still be sending emails, but keep checking the blog for updates on me (and yes, the baby too).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the Internet... this is much more acceptable than Facebook...

Unknown said...

You are such a copy cat, but at least I got some credit. And I'll continue to give you a hard time as I did pre-baby. That's what big sisters are for.

Leah H. said...

Hey Leslie!
Congrats on the baby! She is sooo cute! I had a baby boy on July 26th, just a week before you! His name is Christian and looks a lot like Navarre, brown eyes and hair and a cute button nose!

Anyway, take care!!

Leah Didier Haight