Friday, October 12, 2007

It's Friday!!


Thank goodness it's Friday! I'm perplexed as to why I have this overwhelming relief that the weekend is here. Honestly, my weekends are not that much different from my weekdays, except Jamie is here all day. That is wonderful...that must be what it is:)

I'm wondering what we're going to do this weekend. I would love to go the farmer's market downtown tomorrow morning. Sometimes that works with the baby, and sometimes it doesn't. The Halifax Farmer's Market is awesome!! Not just your typical vegetable stand, it is in the old Alexander Keith's brewery downtown. Bring me to a brewery, and I'm happy!! http://www.halifaxfarmersmarket.com/ Here's the link if you want to check it out. Oh, baby calls, will have to continue blog later tonight. I suspect I'll have a lot like this...

Ok, baby settled and we've eaten dinner. Back to the market...there are lots of artisans there and baked goods, vegetables, herbs, flowers, you name it, they have it. We like the butcher/sausage guy, Sweet William's, that's there. That's the only place I've found good smoked pork sausage in this city. I'd like to see if I can get some more Christmas presents at the market.

I'm doing ok on my Christmas shopping. I have many friends who laugh at me for thinking about Christmas in October, but what's really funny is I like to have all of my shopping done by the end of the summer. And to all of you who laugh, I can get you much better gifts this way because I can spread the cost over more time and spend more!! Jamie and I are seriously considering buying Navarre diapers for Christmas since this is the only year we think we'll be able to get away with something like that. I'm sure the grandparents will spoil her rotten come Christmas time, so I'm not that concerned about it. I've got ideas for most, but some of the guys are more difficult.

Ok, so to use this to keep the fam and friends informed about the baby, I'm going to try and take one pic a day and post it. We'll see how long that lasts...

Tomorrow is GameDay for the Tigers. Now that we're #1, we'll get all the games on TV up here I'm hoping. Tomorrow we play Kentucky, and I'm hoping it's another victory. Geaux Tigers!!

No comments: