Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Regal Beagle

Uno...The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show's first beagle Best in Show. I heard a news report yesterday saying that Uno, a 3-year old Beagle, won the hound group. Let me stop here.

Usually, it wouldn't have even registered that there was a news report on a dog show. After watching Christopher Guest's Best in Show years ago, I find the dog show world hilarious. Right after the report on Uno, the owner of a bloodhound was interviewed. This woman could have come right from the movie - with her love of her bloodhound and her gawking laugh she would have fit in nicely with Guest's crew. Somewhere I'm imagining the commentator from the movie asking if Uno has a red scarf and aviator glasses like Snoopy and flies his red dog house.

I have to say Uno is the cutest beagle I have ever seen. So, props to Uno, 2008 Best in Show.

On another note, Jamie has another snow day. We're supposed to get 5 cm of snow, turning to ice, then rain - then about 30-40 mm of rain. Today is Snow Day 3: The Board strikes back (preemptively).

This post's title is credited to Jamie who informed me that the bar on Three's Company was named The Regal Beagle...I'm too young to know that:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok, so I knew what the Regal Beagle was, so apparently I'm old. But I like all kinds of nuts... pine nuts... peanuts...cashew nuts.... macadamia nuts...