Saturday, February 2, 2008

Tastes like chicken, and that's not a good thing

We gave baby girl chicken tonight for the first time. Let's just say it went over about as well as a turd in a punchbowl at a baby shower. Jamie and I were so excited; I kept telling her she was going to get real people food, when Jamie informed me that she has always been a real person and ate real person food. Now she would be eating big person food - not real person food. We baked a plain chicken breast. Jamie cut the meat off the bone and ground it up. I mix it with some breastmilk. The train is headed towards the station, baby girl opens wide and then the face comes...she made an incredibly horrible face. You would have thought I shoved 2 month old road salt in her mouth. She didn't push that much out of her mouth; she was just making horrific faces. So, we keep trying a little bit at a time.

Each time is the same - nasty face, sort of pushing it out, sort of swallowing. Then, on the next spoonful she makes a face, and her body actually shudders. It was really one of the funniest things I've ever seen. She didn't totally spit it out, so I tried another little bite. Same thing...watch this and tell me it doesn't remind you of Sideshow Bob from The Simpsons shuddering when Bart escapes his evil rath....now tell me you're not laughing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe it needed some Tony's! And yes, I howled with laughter. T even chuckled out loud - so you know it was hilarious.