Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I'm hooked

I know it's been a while, but Jamie and I have been held hostage...not really, but sort of. It all started when Shaina, Jamie's sister, gave us season 1 of 24 on dvd for Christmas. We hadn't watched it until 2 weekends ago. Well, we were hooked. We watched almost all episodes that weekend and finished it a few days into the week. It's not easy with Navarre. She decides to starts screaming or bouncing really loudly in her saucer right at the cliffhanger - or when Jack Bauer has to whisper some super top-secret info vital to the mission. Nevertheless, we got through it.

Then Valentine's Day came. I made Jamie's dinner that I described in the last post. He loved it; I didn't, but it wasn't for me. I'm really glad he like it so much. To say I was disappointed in the Bananas Foster would be the understatement of the year. It was nasty. As my Dad would say, I wanted to lick a dog's ass to get the taste out of my mouth. The cheesecake was really good, which says a lot because I don't even like cheesecake. How one can screw up bananas, rum, brown sugar and butter is beyond me, but I did it. I've never made anything this disgusting before in my life. My desserts are usually to die for, but not this. It tasted like burnt sugar scraped from a frying pan that has been sitting on the stovetop for 2 weeks...I know...yummmmmy! So, we threw that out and had cheesecake with blueberry jam on top. That turned out to be really good.

Jamie asked me if I wanted flowers or season 2 of 24 for Valentine's. He's usually really thoughtful and gets me flowers several times throughout the year, and he knows I really love flowers. But, I wanted more 24!! It's like my crack. I can't get enough. Don't worry...I won't be selling Navarre's things or the car or anything to get the next season, but the Jack Bauer is so stealth and smart and I have to know what he's doing next!! So, we started season 2 last weekend. We're on our last dvd, so I suspect we'll be done this weekend.

Right now, Navarre is in bed and is talking to Bunny. Bunny is her "lovey" as it's called in the parenting lit. She loves Bunny; she gnaws on Bunny; she talks to Bunny; she rubs Bunny's ears; most importantly, Bunny helps her fall asleep. I thought Bunny (or Green Bunny) wasn't imaginative enough, so I tried to start calling Bunny Ms. Mildred. I'm the only one who says this and since she can't talk yet, I'm not sure what the name will be.

Speaking of names, Jamie asked me the other day why I have to name everything. I don't know. I never thought about it. There are these 2 chewy, rattlely things on her highchair that I've named Rattlely and Mr. Smiley. Her stuffed elephant is Ellie (that's not original, but from Nicole). I don't know. I like having nicknames for things and people. While I love Navarre's name - it's original and reminds of my favorite place on Earth - I can't get a good nickname or shortened version. My friend's little girl, Bianca, who is 4 says Varra (actually she says Vawa). I've tried using that, but I'm not taken with it. If anyone has suggestions put it in a comment and hopefully we'll get one soon.


It's been so long since I did a post I forgot about these pics I took during the last storm. It was beautiful with the snow in the trees. It's hard getting good pics (especially at night) with my little crappy digital camera. If Nicole was here with her camera, I'm sure she would have gotten some gorgeous shots...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

listen lady, if you're going to put your pictures out there, stand behind your work! I really like the clothes line one.

Unknown said...

I agree! I think the pics are awesome!! Sometimes fancy cameras get too complicated when you just want to point and shoot.