Tuesday, February 26, 2008

No pow here

I started back to taekwondo a couple of weeks ago. I knew it would be different going back, but I didn't think I would be moving this slow. It feels like my body is moving in super slo-mo like in the Matrix movies, but the rest of the world is in super fast-mo. My balance is off too. It's not nearly as good as it used to be. Last night I'm doing 540 hook kicks and nearly falling over. Not a great thing if you're in a fight and you land off balance giving your opponent a clear open shot as you try to get your bearings.

A couple of months of classes twice a week ought to get me back to where I was. It's going to take some time to get me back to my powin' them outta here shape. I ought to have enough time to get in great shape with a killer roundhouse, 360 roundhouse combo and then go on our Portage in the Sportage '08. I'll have to bring my kicking pad with me and try to keep in shape while we're gone. So, if you see a woman in a park or a hotel parking lot or somewhere similar kicking the crap out of kicking pad or just having a fight with no one somewhere between Nova Scotia and Ontario and Oklahoma and Louisiana and Florida, don't be alarmed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You'll be powing us out of here before you know it!

Claudia said...

Hey, I know a few people here in NJ you could kick for me - just give the kicking pad a break!! Just say the word and I'll line them up for you when you drive by! You won't even have to slow down! :)

Leslie said...

lol...we will be coming through NJ, so just tell me when and where! hopefully i'll have some nice combos by then...just kidding:)